“My job isn’t to change things to Times New Roman a thousand times” – MK Quigley
Listen in brower:
MK is a former coworker of mine, though before that she was a customer, and now she is a customer again. She is frighteningly smart and has the unique combination of creative thinking skills and logical reasoning that makes for a spectacular Tableau analyst. And despite that, she doesn’t refer to herself as an analyst.
This episode was scheduled for an hour but we just kept talking. Things we discussed:
- Realizing, upon starting in an analyst role, that things you previously thought should be simple are actually incredibly complicated.
- The credibility that comes with admitting you don’t know something.
- Is “analyst” a job or a function?
- Features that we wish Tableau would build.
- Features that we hope Tableau doesn’t build – *ahem* – Dynamic Parameters, we’re coming for you.
I’m so glad to have had a non-employee on. Hopefully we’ll have some more brave customers step up and brave the Thunderdome that is my kitchen table / podcast studio. Thanks for listening.
Podcast notes: You can listen to Tableau on Tableau using any podcast app. Just search for Tableau on Tableau. Or, if you’re in your podcast app, you can paste in the link tableauontableau.com/tableauontableau.rss to go straight to it. Please subscribe!